This Brussels sprouts salad is another winter must with 169% of your daily vitamin C in one serving! I love Brussels sprouts mostly because they look like miniature cabbages, and I adore anything in miniature. Never mind the fact they are a wonder-kid in the vegetable world capable of taking on any disguise. Those who know me, know that these miniature cabbages of pure joy are one of my favorite. I’m constantly trying to find new ways to prepare them to keep them interesting and fresh. I love the idea of a salad because it can be used as a side dish or you can top it with whatever protein you want and make a meal out of it. I personally love the feta in this salad, but to make it vegan or dairy free, simple leave out the cheese.
- Water for boiling
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- Juice from half lemon
- 1 tbs. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans (I use pecan halves)
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- Bring water to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, shave the Brussels sprouts using a mandolin.
- Blanch the Brussels sprouts for 1-2 minutes until they are bright green. Drain them immediately and run under cool water to stop the cooking process. The Brussels sprouts should be crunchy.
- Crush the pecans using your hands.
- Add together the Brussels sprouts and all other ingredients in a mixing bowl.