Roasted carrots with fennel and plums. Yum! That’s all folks! That’s all I have to say. OK, there might be some herbs de Provence in there as well. Basically, this recipe is flavor powerhouse. Oh, and did I mention that one serving has 133% of your daily Vitamin A, and 25% of your daily Vitamin C? I love this recipe because the roasted carrots are so sweet. The plums just enhance the sweetness, and the fennel adds a very subtle licorice flavor.
- 141 calories per 1/2 cup serving
- 133% of your daily Vitamin A
- 25% of your daily Vitamin C
- 10 minutes to prep, and 20 minutes to bake
This recipe is very simple. There are three main ingredients, some dried herbs de Provence, and that’s about it.
Chop everything up, put it on a baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes, and serve.
This dish can go with anything. I know! Why not serve this as the side with your next steak or hamburger? You might think that’s just plain crazy, but I routinely switch out fried potatoes for a healthier option, and I feel completely satisfied afterwards!
- 20 oz carrots
- 2 oz fennel (bulb)
- 4 oz diced onion
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- 2 oz dried plums - approximately 2 plums
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice the carrots, dice fennel bulb (save the fennel fronds for garnish), and dice the onions. Everything should be sliced or diced in 1 inch pieces more or less. The sizes do not have to perfect, but they should be more or less the same size.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spread the mixtures out in a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Dice the plums and sprinkle over vegetables.
- Splash the white wine vinegar and fresh lemon juice over the vegetables.
Nutrition – Roasted Carrots with Fennel and Plums
For more great vegetarian recipes, click here!