The name for this comes from the fact that this macaroni and cheese is stupidly easy to make, and it results in the most ridiculously creamy mac and cheese. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love mac and cheese more than life itself. I have eaten all varieties, makes, and models. So if I say it's good, it's good. I'm not going to make any caveats about the recipe. It is as perfect as I can make it. If you can make it more perfect, I applaud you, and I want your recipe!
- 2 cups (8 oz.) elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 12 oz (1 can) evaporated milk
- 8 0z. sharp cheddar cheese (I prefer Cabot's Seriously Sharp)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- Boil the macaroni for 10 minutes in a large pot of water with 1 tsp. salt and the olive oil. Drain the pasta and then place the drained pasta back into the pot you boiled it in.
- Grate the cheese, and gently stir the cheese and butter into the pasta while it is still hot.
- In a saucepan, bring the evaporated milk to a low simmer and then add the smoked paprika, mustard, 1 tsp. salt, and 1 tsp. ground black pepper. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes and then pour it over the pasta. Bring the mixture up to a low simmer and gently stir until the cheese and sauce are at the desired thickness. This will only take a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.